Monday, September 9, 2013

Old Trees on the East Coast Trail


 I love to take photos of things I experience. From time to time I will take videos as well. I love sharing these with others. Technology allows us to do this very easily. 

 When I go on vacation or some other activity of note I take many pictures and upload them all at once to facebook to share them. Sometimes there are too many to absorb. So I decided to take certain photos of interest and blog about them. 

 I am not a professional photographer and probably never will be. But I do enjoy taking photos and sharing them. I will provide some other interest and information besides the photo.

 As you probably have guessed by my background and the pic at the top this will be my first post. This is a photo I took in August, 2013 on the East Coast Trail (Sugar Loaf Path) on the Avalon Peninsula, NL, Canada. For those of you not familiar with this place this trail is on an Island off the east coast of Canada. This trail runs over 500 kilometres across the east coast of Newfoundland. The trail is divided into sections. 

 The section I was hiking is called the Sugar Loaf Path. It can take about 5 hours to hike depending on your fitness level. There are many beautiful paths and features along this trail. There is an old World War 2 observation post along this trail. I may post a photo of this in the future. 

 About three quarters into the trail you come to a beautiful bridge with copper coloured rocks in a river. Just past this bridge bridge I came across these trees that was creating an arc above the path ahead. It looked like something out of a kids fantasy book.  It did not seem natural for trees to form that way. 

 Of course I had to get a shot of this. Unfortunately, they are dying trees. You would see one here and there on the trail but not so many in one place creating such a fantastical view. I hope you found this as interesting as I did. If you have any questions about this feel free to ask. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment